So yesterday I got back from London. I went there for a few weeks over the Easter holidays to spend some time with my family; and I had a great time!
Now generally, when I go away I'm always tempted to eat crappy food and not exercise. But that's the mentality I've been trying to change. I'm not saying don't treat yourself when you're on holiday (that would be absurd!!!); I guess the point I'm trying to make is that being healthy on holiday might not be as bad as you'd originally think... it might even be fun! :)
That's what I discovered when I went to London. The weather was lovely (a huuuuge contrast to where I live) so I thought I should make the most of it and go for a run. I ended up really enjoying it! Don't get me wrong... it was tough, but it was also fun at the same time.
I checked the distance on walkjogrun because -once again- the GPS on 'Runkeeper' refused to work :(. The distance was 1.43 miles and my time was 15:16. Now I know it's not the greatest time, but bear in mind I hadn't been running for a looooong while... The next day I decided to run the same route and treat it as a time trial. I managed to run it in 13:39. I was very happy with that time! To see so much improvement in just one day makes me realise that I sometimes hold back when I run, thinking that I'm going to burn out and won't have anything left towards the end. When really, I just need to believe in my capabilities and challenge myself! :)
M x
No comments:
Post a Comment