Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

The weather here in England is absolutely horrible. It's officially the end of the Summer (not that we've been getting that much of a Summer...) According to the news, we got one month's worth of rain in one day!! I did briefly venture outside yesterday to go to the post office and it wasn't a great experience. I own one of those useless umbrellas which loves to turn inside out when it rains really heavily (I really should invest in a better one...) So needless to say, I wasn't in the mood to go running. I just wanted to relax in the warmth with a lovely cup of hot chocolate...

But today, I feel a little different. Although the weather is still as bad as it was yesterday; I strangely have the urge to go running. The route I've planned today is exactly 4 miles. I'm aiming to run it in around 40 minutes. Ok, I know it's not exactly the most impressive time but it has been a long, long time since I've run more than 3 miles (9 months ago!) I'm not entirely sure why this is, but I definitely want to begin increasing my mileage. 
So yeah, I'll let you know how my run goes this evening. 

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment